315w 630w CDM CMH Digital Omega Ballast FULL FIXTURE 3000k or 4000k Hydroponics
Give your plants FULL DAYLIGHT SPECTRUM Indoors with the Omega Lighting 315w or 630w CDM Grow Light Kits.
When it comes to growing a quality end-product, nothing quite compares to CDM (ceramic metal halide) lighting. When used in combination with HPS lighting, the two give rise to healthier plants full of vigour, leading to larger yields of better quality. The Omega 315w CDM Grow Light is like having sunshine indoors! Whilst this is a high-end grow light, it comes in at a budget price, giving everyone the chance to take full advantage of CDM lighting.
- Full fixture light - ballast, reflector and lamp in one unit Integrated short circuit protection
- Can be used as a stand alone light or as a supplemental
- Extremely high levels of PAR (Photo synthetically active radiation)
- Highly efficient to run
- CDM lamps create superior plant usable light, like having sunshine indoors
- Much less heat output than standard HPS lighting
- 315w CDM Full Fixture Ballast with 1 x 315w CDM Bulb (3000k)
- 315w CDM Full Fixture Ballast with 1 x 315w CDM Bulb (4000k)
- 315w CDM Full Fixture Ballast with 2 x 315w CDM 2 Bulbs (3000k + 4000k)
- 630w CDM Full Fixture Ballast with 1 x 315w CDM Bulbs (2 x 3000k)
- 630w CDM Full Fixture Ballast with 2 x 315w CDM Bulbs (2 x 4000k)
- 630w CDM Full Fixture Ballast with 4 x 315w CDM Bulbs (2 x 3000k + 2 x 4000k)
Pair of Rope Ratchets included with every order!
Dimensions: 41cm x 24cm x 16cm
How Does the Omega Lighting 315w CDM Grow Light Work:
Ceramic discharge metal halide lamps are made with a ceramic arc tube instead of typical composites, like quartz. This allows the lamp to operate at higher temperatures. When the ballast ignites the gases within the lamp, the light it emits has a full spectrum that increases the growth and vigour. The Omega 315w CDM Grow Light reflects high levels of light down to your plants and spreads it evenly, thanks to the highly polished dimpled reflector.
Using the Omega 315w CDM Grow Light:
Simply hang the unit over the centre of the grow-space at an appropriate height using the rope ratchet hangers. Always screw the lamp into the lamp-holder in your reflector as tightly as possible by gripping the lamp with a clean, dry cloth. If the lamp is not screwed in as tightly as possible, arcing can occur between the centre contact of the lamp and the lamp-holder. This melts the solder contact on the bottom of the lamp, causing damage and making it un-usable. Make sure that the lamp is clean and completely free of fingerprints and other contaminants. Connect the input lead of your reflector to the output lead of the ballast, ensuring the cable is not pulled tight and does not encounter anything hot (e.g. lamp, reflector, ballast). The wattage of your ballast MUST match the wattage of the lamp you are using or there will be a high risk of fires or equipment damage. Connect the mains plug into an electrical outlet socket and switch on. The ballast will start-up and light the lamp.
PLEASE NOTE: The 315w CDM lamps need to be bedded in as follows: on first illumination the lamp needs to be run continuously for a minimum of 15 minutes. This will allow the metals within the lamp to fuse correctly. FAILURE TO DO THIS WILL RESULT IN LAMP FAILURE! If the above is not adhered to, lamp warranty claims will be void.
Warning: When CDM HID (High Intensity Discharge) lamps are switched on they run extremely hot. As with all HID lamps it is necessary to avoid touching the lamp with anything such as fingers or plants as this may cause severe burns or fires. In particular, avoid sprays or liquids coming into contact with the lamp as this may cause premature failure or even an explosion.